Library Introduction and Welcome!

Who Are Wetimberwolf.jpg

Welcome to the Terronez Library Media Center. My name is Mr. Barnett and I am the Teacher Librarian. Mrs. Washburn is the library media technician – together, as a team, we run the Terronez Library Media Center.

A Little More About Mr. Barnett

Most of you are probably coming from elementary schools where you had a librarian technician. However, a Teacher Librarian is a twice credentialed teacher who specializes in the access, evaluation, and use of information. This means that I teach students how to use all the resources found in the library – resources for both curriculum and recreation needs. And since I am the only teacher librarian on campus, that means that I will be your teacher for two years (that is, if you stay for both seventh and eighth grades).

I work very closely with the other teachers and staff on the Terronez campus to ensure that all your informational needs are met – especially when it comes to your research projects.

Library as a Classroom

You may think of the library media center as my classroom; and like any other classroom there are specific rules to follow (see below). Since the library is such a large place, these rules must be followed at all times to ensure that the library is used to its maximum potential.

We offer many services in the library. Those of you who are returning to Terronez as eighth graders are already familiar with some of those services.  I am excited about all the wonderful things that will be happening this year at Terronez. Are there changes? Sure. But let’s just imagine all the wonderful possibilities that await us.

So, welcome back. Now let’s get to work.